Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Surprises/Control

Surprises/Control




What we anticipate seldom occurs, what we least expected generally happens.

Surprise! What a wonder they are. I have lived long enough to be able to look back on my life and see the times that I believed that my life was just perfect and all I wanted to do was to stop everything and keep it that way, no surprise, just constant, consistent, dependable perfection!

How lucky I was that I did not have that kind of power! I would have missed so much.

Our dislikes of surprise is in direct proportions to our illusion of control.

4 comments:

Anne said...

So very true! Life is like that. We never know what is around the corner.

Ashley Stone said...

Very true!!!! Though some surprises, I'd be happy to do without. Haha. But I agree... better not to know.

Covnitkepr1 said...

Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

Jazzsquared and Macksquared said...

very very true! adorable blog! i have one too! I would love it if you checked it out :)

storyofmylifesquared.blogspot.com

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.