Saturday, February 27, 2010

Clean your house one good habit at a time ready,set,mop!



I get frustrated and annoyed when my house is a mess or not clean enough, I just can’t let it go but at the same time it’s such a chore and so boring to do house work day in day out non stop. So I came up with this list and I’m going to take baby steps to develop good habits getting my house clean. Join me as I mop the floor….

Try these habits for at least two weeks each before going onto the next:


hang your clothes up or put them in hamper immediately


put all papers (including school papers, post-in notes, bills, etc) in one in basket, and process at the end of each day

keep you sink clean and shiny (wash dishes immediately, clean sink after)

pick up before you go to bed and before you leave the house

empty your trash daily

clean your shower, toilet and bathroom sink after each use (only takes a couple minutes!) you can use bleach wipes keep them at the bathroom

have a place for everything, and put everything in its place immediately

make your bed each morning

keep flat surfaces (counters, tables, desks) clear of clutter

put away your stuff as soon as you get home

Now, these are a lot of habits, and it might seem overwhelming, but if you tackle one at a time (in whatever order you like), it won’t be that hard. Give yourself several months to get there – don’t expect overnight change

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

I definitely need some of this! Especially as I travel my house goes down down down - and it stresses me out! I'm waiting for the hubs and kid to wake up because I refuse to be the only one cleaning this time :)

I'm going to take a few of these at first and add more. I especially like the basket with the papers idea!

(From SITS)

Cassie said...

I love your plan. I am trying to do some of the same things myself. I found some good tips at the fly ladies site. http://www.flylady.net/pages/begin_babysteps.asp.
Her name sounds kinda weird but she makes good points and sets it up on a day to day routine. I must confess after trying her sparkly sink plan I do feel much better. I also find that if I make my bed as soon as I get up I am more motivated to be productive :o)I love your post and will be adding some of your ideas into my own routine :o)

Sally said...

Very good habits to live by!! :)

Bethany said...

Great great tips-- I try to keep up with cleaning but most of the time it just doesn't happen. LOL. Happy weekend!

Beth said...

Haha! Took me a second to realize that those two pictures were NOT of the same room! I sat there looking at the first one thinking, "Holy Cow". Ha! I'm so lame.

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

This is great advice and I'm really close on most of them! I'll get to work on the others right away! Thanks!

Gucci Mama said...

I am currently trying to cut BACK on my freakshow cleanliness because apparently "professionals" think it's "weird" to vacuum the drapes every day and spend hours cleaning tile grout and baseboards with an old toothbrush. WhatEVER.

I'm very glad I don't have an organization/cleaning problem, but the opposite issue is pretty difficult to let go of too. Still, I'm looking forward to a life free of a paralyzing fear of germs.

OK! All that to say great post and nice tips! ;)

Ashley Stone said...

I def need to try this!

Messy Mommy said...

If only it were that easy. :(

I've given you an award on my blog!

Lisa said...

I was going to say this sounds very similar to the Flylady system, then I noticed Cassie's comment....That system really works.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.