Monday, March 1, 2010

How to rebound from an energy slump


A stay at home mom is a challenging job… In a some point during the day we all feel the energy slump…need to rebound and refresh here is a few ideas:


Get the baby and the stroller. Go outdoors for a walk. Fresh air, sun, vitamin D, burning calories and it calms your body and mind.

When I feel to tired to get through the day, I do some yoga or exercise for 10 minutes.

If it’s midday and I’m getting sleepy, I’ll brush my teeth and splash cold water on my face.

Put your baby for a nap and phone a friend for coffee talk.

Put some fun music on dance and sing.

If everything else fail and you still tired when the baby takes a nap please go to bed and sleep a little, everything else can wait.

9 comments:

Krajcimama said...

Oh how I would LOVE to be able to take a walk with the stroller right now...stupid snow.

I've actually taken to plugging my iPod in more and more these days. It really seems to be helping my mood. I love their Genius feature - I hear songs I would never put on a play list or go searching for but love just the same!

Messy Mommy said...

Thanks for the tips!

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, I remember those days. I never worked so hard in my life...

Unknown said...

These are so great tips, I'll be sure to remember them for when I have children. Thanks for following DreamUp Studios blog and leaving a comment!!

Roller Coaster said...

Great advice!! I'm so looking forward to spring so I can get outside more with the jogging stroller. Wii Fit works for me too when it comes to needing an energy boost when I can't leave the house because of the weather.

Gucci Mama said...

My favorite thing about moving to California is that I can take the kids for walks any time I want to. When we moved here in January it was so awesome to be able to walk to the park without jackets. I've noticed that taking daily walks have improved my mood and energy level (if not my dress size just yet).

;)

Ashley Stone said...

I've awarded you back!!!! ; )

Jules AF said...

I'm not a stay at home mom, but I still feel the energy slump! But I'm about to go to the gym. Go me.

Alicia said...

The weather is finally starting to get nice here in new england and I am so excited because today my son decided to veto his second nap and I was exhausted! Walks do really help.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.