Thursday, March 11, 2010

Names

A new survey has disclosed the most embarrassing and weirdest names in Britain. It seems that some of the names we think are jokes are actual names.


A spokesperson for the Daily Telegraph said that many parents may not have realized the embarrassment they were imposing on their child when they gave them names such as Barb Dwyer, Hazel Nutt and Paige Turner.

If any parent didn't know those names were ridiculous, they shouldn't have been allowed to be parents. Isn't it tough enough being British without having to sport the name Stan Still?

The most embarrassing name in Britain is Amy Winehouse. Was that a self fulfilled prophecy?

Do you know anyone with an unusual name?

4 comments:

Ashley Stone said...

here in Louisville there are 2 well known realtors named Harry and Anita Head. Seriously.

I also know a guy named Dick Long. I'd go by Richard if I were him!!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Wow! Those are pretty intense names! The only person I know like this is my childhood friend, named Gay Dent. Luckily, she was a very pretty girl!! Unfortunately, it gets worse: she married. Now? Her name is Gay Yonkers!! Sigh!

Cassie said...

My daughters soccer coach is Wendy Hill. I also know a guy named Sterling Peter.

Messy Mommy said...

Haha that's funny! I know a Harry Foot, and a Dick Butt. No I'm not kidding. Dick Butt! Well Richard but he goes by Dick

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.